View Single Post
      05-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

Aftermarket Tuner Bug Issues? Or Coincidental F30 Bug Issues?

So far I have put about 800 miles since upgrading by JB4 from the Stage 1 unit to Stage 2 with the correct new wiring harness and downloading the new firmware and updating the Stage 2 box per the instructions.

A few odd bugs have started happening with the electrical components which I am not sure why they happen and then a few minutes later of after a motor restart they go away...

1). Getting more frequent now a rough motor idle (like a poor tune running too lean) upon start up sometimes even when the motor is still warm around 200 degrees F or more frequently occurring around 165 degrees F. It used to be on/off only on cold morning starts 2 weeks after installing the update. The rough idle doesn't throw any codes just shakes the car pretty badly even when I give it a few light revs to try to compensate.

Currently running MAP 2. I run 93 octane premium Shell or Chevron gas only.

2). This only happened once. All of a sudden I lost all my radio presets/GPS addresses/split screen content went blank. I went into the Settings menu selected and unselected the Split Screen option and everything came back.

3). This happened yesterday. I did a hard run from Houston to Baton Rouge for Memorial Day weekend averaging around 95 MPH the entire way. Also maxed out the car to top speed a few times. About half way during the trip the a/c all of a sudden started to no longer be able to blow past low.

The a/c temp was still cold just for some reason the fan was not able to push air our fast enough to cool the cabin. The a/c display still showed that a/c was on and that I still had all functionality including MAX A/C and fan speed. I could hear the varying speed of the fan blowing hard as usual just barely any cold air came out the vents. I had to open the windows for about 15 minutes until randomly I had control of the fan again.

Weird all of these odd behaviors seem to occur after a few months of upgrading to Stage 2 with no other modifications done to the vehicle.

Anyone else having these issues with or without a tuner?
Appreciate 0