View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #101
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Your house isn't moving and giving access to the network that your other home computers are on is dangerous
I'm fully aware of that as someone in the field. I'm not advocating for hooking it to your home WiFi as I don't even see the point. Furthermore, it's an RP3 that you can put on your WiFi regardless of its usage.

Regardless, the easiest thing for users to do is to have it go to their phone. If your phone has terrible service where you flash and you can't share WiFi via tether, then bring the device in and have it connect to your phone. The device only needs to be powered and not connected to the car. It's a ton of trouble to go through reconfiguring your Wifi each time to download a map that takes less than 10 seconds. The payoff even if you could get it to connect to the home WiFi is very little.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0