View Single Post
      05-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

UK 328i Owners Thread (General Discussion)

Hello!........ hello....................hello...............................hello.....................................hello...........................................hello................................................hello
Apologies - that was my best echo impression. It's quiet here, hope we become more populated.

So, I thought I'd create a general discussion thread for F30 328i owners in the UK. Share anything you like! I'm soon to be an owner and my primary concern (only concern really) is economy, especially coming from a 330d. I want 44+ MPG! A tall order for a powerful petrol engine, but one I hope and believe it can achieve. I just read James Martin's (yes, he's a chef) review of the 328i Modern he had for a week and did a multi-country motorway tour in it. He loved it, even though it was a shite review, and said it achieved 55mpg!!! He had the 8spd Auto which will have helped. He also had a car full of passengers and a boot full of luggage.
Now I could've posted this in the General N20 section but American MPG is different from our MPG and they often drive heavier footed, plus they have a different grade of fuel over the pond. So this is exclusive to UK members .

But as I say, post whatever you like regarding your car here!
I ordered mine in early March and it will be here (slightly delayed from the estimated 26th May) on the 8th June. What sort of delivery time are you on?

Post pics if you can too! Would be nice to see some shots with the steering wheel on the correct side...
Here's the configurator shots of mine! Even though it's BMW UK's configurator, the steering wheel is still on the wrong side
Post your configurator pics if you don't have your car yet!
Attached Images

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0