View Single Post
      11-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #354
Alex@VNV-Speed
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 ACF Tuned 385xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
I had left enzo to try another tuner.

After 3 days on the dyno and attempts at different tunes and settings, i kept getting misfires at 5k. I went back to enzo, no issues at all.
Sounds similar to what we experienced on Ronanz car. Except the issue wasn't with our tune. Rather Enzo's choice to use copper core motorcycle spark plugs and use stock AFR maps running high 14s or 15 AFR at WOT. When we corrected AFR to target high 11s low 12s we also got these awful misfires. A quick inspection of the plugs showed the damage they had suffered from the extreme lean run conditions, also seeing that Enzo has actually downgraded the N55 plugs to cheaper copper core motorcycle plugs we just picked up some N20 NGK plugs got them installed and misfires instantly disappeared and our tune ran flawlessly.
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

Would be interested to see what your logs look like with your Enzo tune and if your AFRs are also still on the stock map. Also if Enzo installed plugs for you I'd be curious if they also made the choice to use the same copper core motorcycle plugs.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50