04-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #110
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_ki View Post
The reason why is because
1) i dont care for adaptive, i mostly drive on the freeways so i do not need to bee around corners that much.

2) to retrofit adaptive xenons i will need to install sensors on my control arms and run wires thru the car to the computer and its a lot of work.

3) i dont want to just put a hid kit into a halogen reflector, light goes everywhere
Actually, I believe the Xenon lights all come with the levelers, regardless of if they are adaptive or not. This is evidenced by looking at the coding changes made by adding VO option 522(Xenon Lights), which includes changes that enable the levelers. Nothing in the changes for Option 524 that I have seen had anything to do with the levelers. Additionally, if you look at the front axle suspension on RealOEM, it lists the levelers as "For vehicles with Xenon Light (S522A=Yes) or Adaptive LED headlight (S552A=Yes)."

The only difference in the adaptive Xenons is the housing and the control module. So either way, you would need the levelers unless you just code it to disable them.
Appreciate 0