View Single Post
      12-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #92
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Took my car in to the dealer to attempt to have the exhaust installed a few days ago. They called me back and said there was a bulletin from BMW telling them not to install the exhaust without some software update (they didn't know if this was talking about the power kit or some other software update). After some discussion, we decided to try and see if the exhaust (which they already had in stock) would fit my car and found that it did not. My car has a manual transmission and apparently the exhaust system they had was only for 340i with automatic transmissions and there were differences in the routing of the exhaust piping, the MPE they had would not line up correctly on my car.

I was shocked to hear that the manual and automatic cars would need different mufflers and to also find out that there was apparently no version available for cars with the manual transmission.

RealOEM seems to confirm this, see the link below although I may be confused on their terminology. Usually "S205A = Yes" means the exhaust is compatible with the standard automatic and "S2TBA = Yes" means the exhaust is compatible with the sport automatic transmission. The RealOEM listing may not mean anything but has anyone else heard from their dealer that there are different versions available for automatic and manual vehicles?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=18_1153

Last edited by Remonster; 12-26-2015 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 0