View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #15
bd33
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Unfortunately, BMW also took the enhanced USB & Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration (6NS) out of the Tech Package (ZTP) and Navigation Option (609) and made it a $500 standalone option without lowering the price of ZTP or 609! However, they did make Bluetooth Streaming and the USB Audio connection standard on all 3 and 4 series models. Regardless, to get that same 2014 functionality in 2015, what would have cost $2150 total now costs $2650 if you get the Nav (still $2150 with less functionality) & 6NS ($500 with no apparent added functionality) as a standalone option! Maybe 6NS will add compatibility with Apple's CarPlay in the future? That's really the only way I could justify getting this option.

Apparently this change was made earlier this year. To save everyone some heartache of finding out exactly what functionality this removes from the Tech Package/Nav, see the attached document that I downloaded from a long thread discussing this change on the F80/F82 board here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...=945964&page=6

To summarize, without 6NS, you won't get:

Library Browsing - Playlist, Artist, Genre via Bluetooth (still works via USB)
Ability to connect 2 bluetooth phones simultaneously
Additional Microphone - For improved communications
iSpeech - Voice control for contacts and music
Mobile Office - Text Messages, Email, Calendar, Tasks, Contact photos, Voice memos.
Base plate in center console - for snap-in Adapter integration
Connection to external antenna – For improved reception

I know BMW likes to nickel and dime people, but this is ridiculous even by their standards.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Bluetooth Changes 4-14 (1).pdf (198.5 KB, 929 views)

Last edited by bd33; 05-29-2014 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: corrected hyperlink
Appreciate 0