View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #34
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

This is a pretty interesting thread. While I certainly agree that it sucks your dealer(s) haven't been able to correct the issues yet, I find it absolutely mind boggling that anyone would consider escalating it that far that fast. None of the issues mentioned have prevented the safe operation of the cars. I'm not trying to say they're not important to you, but it seems you're hyperfocused on your problems.

The process of trying to identify the cause of a problem can by default take time and numerous attempts. Any good technician will only change a single thing at a time to gauge its effectiveness as opposed to changing multiple things at once. If your dealer continues to try the same thing over and over again (balancing, alignments, etc.) then you need to find another dealer. I think it's kind of ridiculous to give up on the car and manufacturer.

Finally, I don't disgree that there are dealers out there that aren't the best with customer service. It's not as bad as other marques, but it's out there. As with anything/everything else in this world, you'll get back what you give. If walk in pounding your chest and citing demands, you'll be written off without a doubt. Threats generally won't get you very far either. Especially the thread of filing for a lemon. At that point you've shifted the focus from the dealer to the manufacturer. In essense you've just released the dealer from liability, so why in the world would he want to continue working towards a resolution?
Appreciate 0