03-29-2017, 07:43 AM   #15
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
This is really interesting.

I would be interested in other feedback regarding daily driveability and installation process, tips and tricks before taking the plunge, as this looks like a long and somewhat risky operation - not sure if it still applies or if it was for e9x only but i've seen people warning about not rupturing brake lines, needing to heat up the subframe with a flame, need for special install kits...

Then regarding daily driveability i'm coming from a not so great experience with anti roll bars, having chosen something too stiff for my needs on the rear, compromising comfort *and* grip, making me extra cautious when it comes to suspension mods.

Yet since the the F8x seem to need no bushings this kind of tells me it's the right thing to do.
+1.

I'm not included to do an "upgrade" like this because chances are I will only need to replace the original rear subframe and differential bushings once through the usable life of the car at most.

Also, it requires removing the rear subframe which is not an insignificant procedure.
Appreciate 0