04-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #20
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by facepunch77 View Post
I have same question. Do you use a tool or by hand?
The dome light cover is not too difficult, but it may take a minute to figure it out. You do need a small screwdriver to gently pry the clips to get the dome to release-- you can see the pics in http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754283 where he describes this. It helps to constantly pull down on the cover as you pry the clips on both sides (firm but gentle.)

The A Pillar was much more difficult. It has keyed clips and was difficult for me to get back on. It's also easy to break the plastic clips if you apply too much pressure. The trick for me was to put one of the clips on the a pillar cover before putting it back on.

Overall, I would give this project a 'moderately difficult' rating (wiring a radar from the fuse box in the trunk to the mirror.)

The difficult part being the A Pillar (at least for me) and then the dome light part. Again, not difficult, just little tricky to figure out; but, any DIY stuff will require some amount of just figuring things out as you go. The pictures and posts online help, but not all of the parts are exactly the same.

If you are not fairly confident in your mechanical skills, it may be worth spending the ~$200 getting it installed professionally.
Appreciate 0