View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #49
Ron Scott
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcarcrazy View Post
I've also suggested a few fixes that should help ease your frustration. inability on your part to do the simplist of these is what I call laziness.

You can also take it into the dealer so the technician can "fix" it for you (I put quotes as this isn't really a problem). Friction is rarely silent, the noise can be easily decreased by changing the compounds in the pads, but at the price of performance.
Wrong based on simple logic.

1. Many F30 breaks don't squeal while others of the same model do.
2. Trips to the dealer are reported to work.
3. Reports by those who bed their breaks show frequent failure to fix the squeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
I bedded my brakes on day one. And I doubt that my unwillingness to remove the wheels on a brand new $50k+ car, sand my pads, apply brake quiet, and clean/relube contact points would be characterized as "lazy" by any reasonable person. Or "the simplest" of things to do.

And I also must respectfully disagree that loud squealing from my brakes isn't really a problem or a shortcoming. Squealing brakes is a flaw, not a feature. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to brake at stoplights like I'm on a race track to avoid screeching brakes. This isn't a track car, it is a sedan.
+1 of course. Why a post like this is even necessary is amazing...
Appreciate 0