05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
itwasepic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

3M Crystalline - 40% installed

Hi all,

Figured I would post up my thoughts on the 3M Crystalline series window film. I have the 40% tint, which is the lowest % you can go in Crystalline. I was a little reluctant to go with Crystalline because 40% appears to be visually "light". But after I compared the equivalent percentage I would need to come comparably close to the same heat rejection, etc. I would need limo-grade tint. Yikes.

I got my sunroof and all windows (minus the dash) in 40%. It is perfect for me and the performance/functionality of it is well worth the money in my opinion. Highly recommend this film from 3M.

Kind of cool: the film, when viewed from an angle with water on the windows, looks amber'ish. After the windows are dry, the film looks silver'ish-to-clear. I do not mind the color at all. But seeing as some people like to offset their tint from front versus rear, I recommend going the same % all the way around if you can tolerate it.
Attached Images

Last edited by itwasepic; 05-04-2013 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Posted pictures and added extra comments.
Appreciate 0