Merlin93
The New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 3.0si Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
u r correct : run flats are noisy, harsh and less performing than normal summer tires! changing to normal tires is the first thing u should do when u get your car!
I agree... I don't have my 3-series yet, but on my Z4, moving from the RFT's to non-RFT ZR grade summer tires brought a very noticeable improvement in handling, sound, and ride smoothness.

One downside of moving from RFTs is that the TPMS gets confused easily with the softer walls on the normal tires... at least it does on my car. I never had an issue with the sensor with the old RFTs, but I've had false alarm tire pressure warnings with the new tires.

Another downside is that most BMWs don't come with a spare tire if you have RFT's, so moving to normal tires means you won't have a spare if you have a tire issue. Make sure you have an emergency patch kit... which reminds me, I need to get an emergency patch kit too.