View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Watching Video without Media Adapter from phone

Ok, been playing with the WIFI settings and my iPhone. Problem is while it attempts to connect to the car it never seems to connect properly. I can see the phone registered under WIFI and you can see the car scanning through the media of the phone, it can't actually play anything. Probably Apple blocking such access...

Anyways, i "borrowed" my Wife's Samsung S3 Galaxy running Android and Success straightaway!!!

I copied an episode of Big Bang Theory (Mp4) version to the S3 and installed Pixel Media Server (Free) from the play store.

I've uploaded a video from my iphone to Youtube, so sorry about the quality and shaking ... need more than 2 hands

Coding
Enable Video Support:
HU_NBT > 3003 > API_USB_VIDEO > both
HU_NBT > 3000 > ENT_CODEC_XVID > aktiv
HU_NBT > 3000 > ENT_CODEC_VCD > aktiv
HU_NBT > 3000 > ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT > aktiv

Enable Wifi:
HU_NBT > 3003 > WLAN_STATUS > aktiv
HU_NBT > 3003 > WLAN_MODUS > ap
HU_NBT > 3003 > WLAN_SIGNAL_STRENGTH > “incar” for low power, “outdoor” for high power
HU_NBT > 3000 > ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_COVERART > aktiv
HU_NBT > 3000 > ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_VIDEO > aktiv
HU_NBT > 3000 > ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP > aktiv

Setting up Connection & DLNA
Car
1. Settings - Connections - WIFI
2. Scroll to WIFI key and change the key to something memorable (optional)
3. Scroll to Connect new Device
4. Go to Phone (or laptop) wifi settings and add new wifi with settings currently on show in the car.
5. Once connected your phone will show under the Connected Devices / Paired Devices
6. Scroll to the phone and press the options button from iDrive
7. Ensure Music and Video is ticked. (Video wasn't enabled by default)
Phone
8. Install a DLNA App on the phone. I used Pixel Media Server https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
9. Run the app, and choose a folder where you will copy your videos. I chose the SD Card Folder
10. Copy your media files to the folder on the phone
11. Start the DLNA server on the phone using the Play button.
Car
12. Go to Multimedia. After step 11, you will see your phone's DLNA server in the list next to the WIFI symbol
13. From here it will play the last item or show you the folder structure of your phone. Navigate to the correct folder and play your media!!!

Can't utilise the Zoom feature as found under DVD Section but fills most of the screen after a few seconds...

Haven't done a full check as to what fomats will play, but as it's DLNA most should play!
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Last edited by venkata; 03-18-2013 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 0