12-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #182
jyoung69
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
The date she gave you will have been the "expected delivery date" which is the date they say it will arrive at your dealer (not how long it's at sea) and is pretty much a random date that has some contingency built into it! My car landed in the UK yesterday for instance, and will be at the dealer tomorrow; however my "expected" date is 31st December (13 days off).

Don't worry too much about it; your car will be at sea for approximately 16 hours if it's on the normal UK crossing. So as long as it is on a boat as your dealer says, it should be in the UK tomorrow. The cars coming in to the UK are currently going straight to the dealers; so, I would phone BMW UK tomorrow to check when the status changes to 9630 (port of entry) or anything after that; then call your dealer to let them know the car has arrived at the port (you will likely find this out before them), and you'd really appreciate it if they could arrange transport to get it up to them ASAP, so you can collect before Christmas. Should be just about okay, as you're only max. 2 days behind mine, and I could have collected mine on Thursday.
Oh ok. Thanks for the info Mark. Thats good to hear. When she said that the motor had left port and that it would take 2 weeks i got a bit annoyed.Why cant these dealers tell the truth as it is!!!