View Single Post
      08-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #213
RonSwanson
**Fortune Favors The Brave**
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Garage List
I love my car but I feel extremely disappointed with BMW in general for making it so difficult to have this recoding done for their customers who want it done. I haven't even made an effort since I see everyone on the forums having so much difficulty in convincing dealerships to do it for free... I just don't have the time for any battles right now. Why can't all BMW dealerships just make the update available, inform ALL dealerships about it and do it for us without their service techs (at best) pleading the fifth when we even ask?

Its great to shut the engine off when a train is passing and you have 5 minutes to kill. But aside from that I think the ASS "feature" can be UNSAFE. When I come to a stop to make a right turn onto a busy street, the hesitation of the engine not being at idle when I need to go is likely to cause an accident. I suppose BMW will wait until someone makes the 10 o clock news because their ASS "feature" caused an accident. I've learned to turn it off as soon as my car starts but I hate that I have to do something like this on a (as mentioned) 50k+ car. The combination of listening to music and forgetting to turn it off could lead to problems. That window of opportunity we get to merge onto another street is important and needs to be predictable. That one second delay could cause someone to slam into your car or hit someone else while trying to avoid the car that couldn't get on the street at a safe speed. Its like when you see someone merging onto the freeway at 35 mph. They create an unsafe environment for others and themselves.

I've had my m sport for almost a year now and when I finally go in for my service I will insist on having this done but sadly, I will not hold my breath.

Last edited by RonSwanson; 08-01-2013 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0