01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #212
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Oops, yep I forgot that. I definitely have DHP (Adaptive M + VSS) and I absolutely love it.
Good. DHP is definitely a great option. Especially for those missing the BMW of 'ole feel. I got it as well and do NOT regret the $1K ripoff. Did I say that?

Quote:
I can definitely measure this for you, and even make a video if you'd like. Tell me exactly how you'd like me to measure? Start the car, then shift into reverse?
Another member, after you responded, and claims the NBT system allows PDC and the rear cam to be available within 2 seconds. If so, that's great news. Would be great for you to confirm. Here's the test.

1. Leave car overnight (or for hours).
2. In the AM approach car, enter drivers door, immediately start car (do not stop at trunk or anywhere else first).
3. Set tranny to Reverse.
4. How long before the PDC/rear cam is available in iDrive?

Try this test a few times and report back.

CIC can take anywhere from 5-20 seconds.

Quote:
Everything is MUCH quicker than the CIC system!
Blah, blah, you LiOn show-off!

Quote:
Continental ContiSport Contact SSR. I was slightly disappointed, aren't these the worse of the OEM choices?
No, No!! The Conti's are OK. Your fear should have been the Goodyear EfficientGrip. The EfficientGrips have NO right on this class of car but its on the list of possible tires for the F30 18" Sport/M-Sport.

I got the 19" Pirelli PZero's. So far so good. They ride better than expected. I do love the 19's especially with the dusty brake pads.

Get yourself Sonax full effect cleaner and Meguiars brake dust repellant. Also, Wheel Wax may not be a bad idea. Trust me, your wheels and their Silver paint will thank you.

Quote:
Nick. Nice fellow!
But did Nick make sure the service guys updated your software to current rev?

Quote:
Not at this time. It doesn't seem too obnoxious in real life.
I get ya. Might as well advertise that you're trying to be environmentally friendly. At least until those LiOn batteries need to go to a landfill.

Last edited by claykin; 01-20-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0