View Single Post
      02-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #244
Firaxis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bow View Post
Ah ok, well as I said it depends on your driving. My long term average is pretty much 37-38MPG, but most of my commute is A-roads/roundabouts up and across the Welsh valleys.

Any journey with a significant motorway journey and I struggle to get it below 42 (even with traffic) and a leisurely run in Eco pro will get me 50+. A particularly dull run from Newport to Swindon got me 59.5 MPG (no significant inclines, warm day, and 65MPH on the cruise)

Your car sounds within the norms (as much as you'd like it to be higher), I'd look at it in the same way as the rest of the diesel crew on here, goes like the proverbial off a shovel and you don't have to hold back due to the cost of the fuel - and if it does improve (and becomes less nun-like as Teaston so eloquently put it) then all the better!
I just bought a diesel for the torque, thing is as much as I don't really care about MPG.. It does help, like one of the things that put me off a Mustang was it does 18 MPG if you're lucky..

But I'd never buy a 250 + HP car with economy in mind, it's really just a benefit not a primary concern..
Appreciate 0