View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Talking Shivas' M Performance Brakes Review

My whorage to M Performance continues, and I picked her up today after getting the M Performance brakes installed.

My stock brakes were great for DD, but I didn't think they'd hold up well to some light autox, and frankly, I also wanted to fill up those wheels...

I've driven on them for a hundred miles and wanted to report some impressions that are surprisingly contrary to others:
1. Pedal modulation is great. I felt like the stock setup was more on and off, this is more geared towards late, deep-drive braking, where you can adjust the pedal accordingly. Very similar to my Evo VIII. Not squishy like others have stated.
2. Initial bite. I guess my install was done correctly, Not light or weak like others have stated.
3. Pad noise. I have none, these are great pads. Only a hundred miles of city driving, so not expecting too much. I'm still bedding them in (did some 70-50 stops, some 50-30's, and some 50-0's), but I would imagine these pad characteristics to carry.

I love these brakes, finally feel like I'm getting to my Evo VIII's level of braking, handling, and steering (when in Sport mode that is!) with the softness of a DD when I need it.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com

Last edited by shivaswrath; 04-06-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0