View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #76
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Righty, he we go:

I pushed my sales man for an update on my delivery date and stated I am happy to go earlier but later will cause problems.
He replied, apologising, and saying the delivery date is showing 16/06/2012 because, as he mentioned before, there is a worldwide delay on the petrol engines. He will keep me updated as soon as there is a change, etc...

So I finally opened fire.
I replied saying I know there is not a shortage of engines and that the more likely reason for a delay in delivery is that the dealer has more profitable orders to fill sooner. I then brought in that BMW UK categorically told me there is no shortage of N20 engines. I also explained I have been taken though the BMW ordering process and referred to obtaining VIN numbers etc so the vehicle can be traced through the manufacturing and delivery system. I added I would hate to think this is the case.

"Can you please advise as your indicated delivery is nearly 8 weeks away", bearing in mind my 330d's gotta say bye bye's on the 28th May . At the time of order, he did say that the vehicle would no doubt be in sooner than the end of May, so I threw that in too.

So he replied, stating that there is in fact a delay of engines due to demand and he is going to show the internal memo to me next week when I am in, because my 330d is going in for its first MOT. Sounds like bullshit all around to me, it's just not adding up is it...
He continued to say that he will show me next week that the order went in on March 6th and he grabbed the production slot. He also quoted the order number. He rounded off saying that if one were to order a 328i now, it would be September before a delivery could be made. Crap!

So in search of confirmation, I rang a completely different dealer in the country, Sytner Birmingham in fact, and he confirmed that September was the expected date if one was ordered now as demand is high and the 328i affected. He added mid June was a good time slot.

So, I'm disappointed obviously, but more so that all the stories from BMW still don't add up! Very frustrating. Better get on the phone to my lease company and see if they would be obliging to let me overrun my 330d contract...

What do you guys think?

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)

Last edited by SomeRandomer123; 04-25-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0