View Single Post
      07-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #16
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

Installed mine today using this guide. Was a relative breeze. Take your time and use the right tools. Drilling the brake pedal is pretty easy, I used regular but new (ie SHARP) black oxide drill bits.

After mounting the rubber piece I used a center punch through each hole to give my drill bit something to start on. I used a 1/8" bit then jumped right to the 5/32. Only minor issue was the 5/32 bit wanted to grab the rough edges and stop spinning so I had to get it going at full speed then lightly touch the hole to chamfer it abit but then it zipped through and opened it up quickly.

Took some fiddling to get all the screws in and the locknuts on the back. The gas pedal is ridiculously easy. As was said above play with it abit to see how it fits before removing the red adhesive cover. Found the best method for me was start at the top. Once stuck in place, drill the two pilot holes with the 3/32" bit and tighten the screws. Done.

PS besides using a center punch, I through a shop rag down to catch the metal shavings - that plus a quick hit with the vacuum and cleanup was nothin.

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 1
Tomo36621.00