12-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #14
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Digitallust, If I could change the subject for a moment please as I didn't want to start a new thread, I had a 320d loan car for a day. Once it gets going, it's mighty fast but I found that when I want to start off the line, there is a 2 second delay before anything happens in the forward motion action.

The car I drove hesitated before launching. Was somewhat disturbing, considering how nice the car is. Smooth as silk starts, instant starts, idles beautifully (ac on, ass off) at the lights. You would never know it's a diesel. Very impressed, except for the distinct delay. Is that the turbo lag?

How are you enjoying the car and its performance?

Back on topic, J1n, so you posted that your dealer did not have any software updates for you. Is that correct?
I seriously don't know what was done, but I was told the ASS would not work until the car rested overnight (8 hrs I was told). Well, at my first lights stop, ASS worked perfectly and did so for the rest of the trip home. So, go figure. If and when I find something, I will post it.
Hi David, Yeah apart from my suspension issues, I am loving the 320d and its performance.
Like all diesels there is only low power between 0-2K RPM and the same after 4K RMP, Turbo doesn't usually kick in until 2K. I drive in Comfort Mode most of the time, and Sport Plus+ and never noticed a concerning lag.

I had a F30 318d loaner the other day and I was expecting something really horrible.. apart from the zero spec level, the car its self was better than what I had imagined it would be, with less torque, bit quick off the mark for a detuned 2.0 diesel.

Might be that your not used to diesel in general, considering you drive a 328.
Not that I am a hoon (most of the time I am not), but I was impressed at the 320d the other day, when it ate a 2012 Mercedes E250 for lunch off the mark, and he was pushing it...

Cheers, Matt
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0