View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #2493
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by also1412 View Post
Yep I saw some screenshots of NBT unit and it is much cooler.

I am still not convinced that the software builds of CIC differ from Asian countries to the EU/US ones. I reckon the price difference should be down to software licensing and/or country specific tax etc. It would be mind-numbingly stupid if BMW actually release 2 branches of CIC builds JUST because of the locale.

I am doubting Aupeo! knows this problem and deliberately tweak the encoding of those characters to make them display correctly on the CIC - so my guess is for our EU/US spec CIC the system uses ANSI or ISO as character encoding rather than utf8. but further tests are needed to verify these theories.

I am getting frustrating about this as it is deemed to be a very very basic functionality and since in the NBT it does support CJK, BMW certainly has realised that the necessity of this.

Finally @kon, you mentioned about removing country controller in FA and set the country flag to Hongkong sometime ago. Could you please kindly shed some light about how this could be done? After you have performed this what happened? Many thanks.
The part prices are ex.taxes (e.g. there's no tax in HK) & priced in euros. It assumes u're ordering the part at a German dealer.
AFAIK the PRC-spec CIC has a higher GPS margin of error (due to laws in China), plus it's not available with DAB+ (even tho it's on-air in PRC & HK).
Don't even think abt adding HK country controller to the VO, it disables album art & office. Wht the guys did was removing HK country controller & then changing one of the ecu's locale to HK. The aim is to re-enable office & album art (removing VO) & re-enabling chi support when idrive is set to eng (changing locale, necessary after removing VO), & it works on HK-spec non-nav F10 & F30 (Asian fonts support already built-in regardless of language setting before coding).
Kon already tried changing locale & it didn't work for him.
Appreciate 0