MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
it's faster
Prove it. It's USB2 dude. That's from the year 2000. This is Apple FFS, they're supposed to make bleeding edge stuff and Lightning is not only a dishonest name but it's a backwards step. As I said: the ONLY plus points are that it's smaller and you can put the cable in upside down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i2013 View Post
You obviously don't have the iphone 5 or you would not try to discredit the very valid benefits I listed. You probably have an android photo. Yuck

Yes, it's lame that it doesnt work with the bmw. I'm pretty sure a software update will fix that.
I obviously don't own an iPhone 5 because I'm not a chump and I cancelled my pre-order when I found out how shit it was and I "upgraded" my 16GB 4S to a 64GB 4S instead. And a software fix cannot overcome the hardware limitations of the connector.

You can justify your purchase of an iPhone 5 however you like but watch the sales figures because I don't know any of my rational mates who've bought one. I know dicks who've bought one because they're Apple fanboiz but all the floaters out there who have an iPhone because it's a good phone and not because of the image have looked at the iPhone 5 and though "don't want a bigger screen, don't need a faster processor and all the goodies are IOS6 - which I have". They are the "plus" points too! then there's the fact that none of my docks will work, my car won't work and the lightning connector is a piece of junk. Yeah ... good game Apple. Three of my friends have gone with Android phones instead of the iPhone 5 FFS - that's how big a fuck up this has been from Apple.