View Single Post
      03-30-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
Beemed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-sport

The Opticoat beading effect and ease of washing is absolutely amazing!
Went on a 3 hr hard & fast drive this afternoon to Somerset dam via Mt Glorious and jumped on the brakes a number of times.....expected to see the alloys a shade of black when I got home but the brake dust build up over the past week (compared to a week pre-Opticoat) was noticeably reduced, even after this afternoons hard effort.

Washing the wheels was really interesting....I think 70% of dust was removed just with the initial rinse, the photo below (hopefully) captures the "grabbing" effect....the brake dust gets caught up in water droplets quite readily. From there, a simple foam, bit of agitation with a MF brush and a rinse did the trick.

A good MF towel draped across the panels helped dry off quickly....there's a real tackiness feel to the touch (which is quickly wiped over with a MF....I think OCD is setting in!)

As David328M has said before, washing becomes easy with an Opticoat. I reckon I've halved the total wash time, down to about 15min......hopefully I can get this down to 10min or so, which will help reduce my exposure to neighbours/passers by who I'm convinced think I'm a total obsessive!

Highly recommended!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0