11-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #20
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
These aren't sports cars. They aren't meant to raise your heart rate or any of that BS. They're grand tourers, and they're perfect at that. I've owned some quick cars (and trucks) too (550hp Jeep SRT8, 650hp CTS-V, 630hp X5M, etc.) and the N55 is perfectly suited to these cars. Would an extra 100hp be nice? Sure. Is it necessary? Not really. They're street cars, not racecars.
+1. But I think we need to make a distinction between "quick" and "fast." "Fast" is faster than "quick"…. The 335, E90 or F30, absolutely is quick. Is it fast? Well, I'm old enough to still think anything that gets to 60 in less than 5 seconds and has decent 1/4 mile times is still fast, despite how many other cars do the same these days. With so many cars doing that, and true sports cars doing much better, I can understand some not calling it fast anymore. But, at the very least, any sane person would still consider this car "quick."

Beyond that, I echo the sentiment that it's meant to be a daily driver and most of us don't drive daily on a track. Even if it's only quick, not fast.. it's still faster than I need for every day driving where I live. This was true as true when I spent 140 miles a day on the turnpike as it is now that I drive mostly locally.
Appreciate 0