View Single Post
      10-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #16
GaborB
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 316d

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post

If someone in the rest of the world wants to do this sort of measurement with a PC, I can walk you through about $100 in parts needed to do so (or if someone wants to fly me to Sydney or Europe ) because I would love to do it.
It's not sunny Sydney but rather rainy Brussels , but I'm willing to help if time permits. I know very little about car audio and after reading a bunch of topics for the E90, I already installed MS-8 with upgraded front speakers, but if you think at this stage I could still do some measurements, please let me know. I believe I'd be able to benefit from this too.

I'm at this stage right now:
- Front OEM's replaced by Polk dxi400
- Center speaker installed. This is tricky, as you need to cut dashboard. Speaker is same as above.
- Still OEM rears and OEM woofers
- MS-8 driving all above

I have some tools, like DMM, laptop with REW installed (never used though) which could probably take measurements with the MS-8 mic (?)... I'm going to remove the front door panel soon in order to double check some wiring, so if I'd need to reinstall OEM fornt for measurement, in theory that could also be done.
Appreciate 0