View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
vabopi
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.cash View Post
I'm trying to work all this out myself, so I'm updating as I go.

There is a solution to the "trapped in a folder" problem when using a USB flash drive in the armrest: Playlists.

In iTunes you can export playlists by right-clicking on them, and from the file type drop-down, choose m3u format, and just save them to the root level of the USB drive. I think Windows Media Player has the same ability.

As expected, you can play all the songs in a playlist continuously, regardless of folder structure. The list also shows up in the HUD. (When you first insert the drive, it may a take a while for the playlist(s) to show up on-screen because the music folders populate first.)

So:

Armrest USB = Playlists and Album Art; playlist in the HUD; but without a playlist it'll just repeat the contents of whatever folder you're in.

Glove Box Import = Plays songs contiguously from folder to folder; you see a list of all songs in the HUD; but Playlists and Album Art are not available.

I tried to export a playlist as explained above, but with no result. What am I missing?

I put the .m3u file on the root directory of the usb drive of the central armrest, and also tried .3u8 and .xml versions but nothing works.

I have the Professional Multimedia and no usb socket inside the glove compartment. How can I get the playlists to work? Any ideias? I am puzzled about organizing a lot of mp3 files on a usb stick
Appreciate 0