View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #142
gweeta
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksting28 View Post
All was going smoothly...finally arrived in NYC, progressed without issue to Baltimore, was heading full steam to Brunswick and then it fell out of range somewhere due southwest of Hilton Head. Hasn't been heard from in over a day since. What is the deal? It's not like those are the most treacherous waters or the busiest shipping lanes...so close yet so far.
Not to worry. The system is very limited when ships get out in open water. My boat was invisible essentially the entire time it was on the high seas in the Atlantic. I did notice some sites where you could pay (lots of money--like several thousand dollars) for what appeared to be global tracking information. Those services were obviously geared toward business rather than impatient BMW purchasers like we are.

Edit: Sorry I got lost here. I forgot this was the thread for the Swift Ace, so you already know about the blackout during the crossing. Still, I think the info you can get for free is limited to areas pretty much immediately offshore of the U.S.

Last edited by gweeta; 01-08-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0