05-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 Ford Raptor - On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
cool article and good for the 328. Thanks for sharing.

i will say your statement seems to imply the 328 is better than the 335 as it wins more comparos. I think it's more cause the 328 is the big fish in its class, rather than superior per se than it's brother. ( you're not saying that but seems to hint at it.).
And let's the 335i vs 328i battle begins...

Let's put this way...

I owned a 2010 IS 250 RWD and I replaced that car for a 335xi, why? The engine, it sucks big time... slow, week, sounds good but that is about it, I could no longer live with it so I trade on a Honda odyssey for my wife, it was that bad.

So if lexus just moved over that engine in to their new body style model expecting to compete with BMW, they were sooo wrong, and that is a done deal.

328i has the best engine on its class, as you mention, but 335i has an engine that is called "a marvel", and if combine the 8 automatic = perfect, of course add more weight, but who tracks their car every day???

I want to feel the power and sound while I'm driving and be happy with my decision for a lonnnnggg time... that is why I choose the 335i

If I wanted the fuel efficiency + nice and yet powerful engine, I would choose the 328i but I would hate myself every time that engine hits idle as it sounds 4 cyl diesel like.
Appreciate 0