View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #54
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m View Post
Do you think that the f30 335i PPK that is due to be released in December 2012 would require the car to have the higher top speed limiter? I ask because I ordered my car and although I found it to be pretty fast, it did not seem overwhelmingly fast. While ordering, I thought I could always add the PPK later in December, but I ordered the "no lines" which means I don't have the high speed limiter

If not, I guess there is nothing I can do to make the car faster, while still preserving the warranty. Right? (I don't think Dinan will work out for me since it won't work with the warranty direct's extended warranty).
Option 840 (High Top Speed Limiter) on the F30 is just:
- remove the TOP speed limiter
- add Summer tires

That's it.

So, there *shouldn't* (IMHO) be any real technical limitation to the PPK, rather a recommendation from BMW due to the higher capable speeds. I believe some folks had the e90 ppk installed without the 840 option (I also think 840 on an e90 added the extra oil cooler - correct me if I'm wrong).

In any case, we won't know until it's released. I know they said December, but my sources say don't bet on it until next year.
Appreciate 0