View Single Post
      11-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #32
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Thanks for the input. I was thinking about the durability as well and had the same thought that the shades will degrade and break over time. Thanks for the tip about ceramic shades. I will definitely look into this. I believe this option does not interfere with the antenna in the window.

I saw a video on the. E90 with the same. This is a deal breaker for me as the rear shade is either all on or off. I am not getting much for paying so much for a button in the arm console and two wiper blades that haul up a screen. If it was adjustable i might have considered it.

I think the tint will look nicer and i am now leaning towards that. In my current car the sunroof has a dark tint and i never get burn or feel overexposed in the harsh aussie sun (remember we have the hole in the ozone layer above us to contend with).

I think all the great feedback here has saved me a bit of money and i will go for the tint instead. I reckon the rear passengers should get that same sunroof feeling of have light over their heads without the burn

Btw will the process of tinting damage the antenna or affect it? I saw videos where they use heat to complete the adhesion.

Really appreciate the input fellas!
I have the rear and side shades on my E90. I don't understand why you would want the rear shade anywhere but fully up or down. If it was partially up, the bar at the top would block your view. This makes no sense to me. Also, someone mentioned them deteriorating over time. I've had my car for 2 years and the shades look as good as new. I bought them because I have a toddler in a rear facing seat. If I had to do it again, I'd probably get a fairly light tint to save money. Last comment, the biggest issue with the shades is they don't cover 100% of the windows and the sun still can get in the passenger's eyes.
Appreciate 0