01-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #1052
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Awesome information thank you. If I were to go with the GTR I would definitely go with AMS, I'm thinking along the lines of the Alpha 9. I understand that it wont be cheap and I'm okay with that If I was worried about the cost, I wouldn't be considering going for such a big build. lol, but I gotta have my toys and high HP car is one I don't have yet. I think the stiffness I will be able to live with, I occasionally DD my track cars and those are basically full fledged race cars and its okay. I'm more concerned with creature comforts. as far as a different dd, I am lucky enough to have several cars to choose from and this future build would be more of a side project with dd abilities. If you don't mind me asking how much are you into the gtr to get it where its at right now? and can I go for a ride?
Sounds like you got it all pretty well handled then. Yes, the creature comforts are nice and the GTR certainly has enough of them, though having the 3 to take on a longer trip is also nice since even with the sport suspension it feels like riding on a cloud after that thing haha. As my old man always told me, "He who dies with the most toys wins." so that's where I'm going as well. AMS is always a solid choice, it's who I have always had do any work on my previous cars; they know exactly what they are doing and aren't scared to tell you that they need to bring in somebody else for certain things.

I honestly don't know how much I'm into the thing at this point, and, in all honesty, I don't know if I would want to know either. Between buying the car new, and upgrading in stages, where some parts had to be purchased more than once (injectors for example) I wouldn't be overly surprised if I'm like $150-170k in at this point. If we ever happen to be in the same place and I have the car, you may certainly go for a ride.
Appreciate 0