View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #158
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Does there need to be? I've driven both, the separation is actually fairly small aside from power. I guess because my inclination is towards a manual transmission and the sportiest trim possible, I really don't see much difference in an M Sport F30 335i and a B8 S4. For the flappy paddle set, I suppose the DCT in the S4 is a minor concession towards sportiness. Further, the 335is, if it materializes in F30 trim is likely to be more expensive than the S4.

I think the real issue presently is that in the US, Audi is priced better than BMW and with an older car, discounts are much easier to come by. I favor the 328i over the A4, but the 335i doesn't really carry the same advantage to the S4 for me.
That's exactly the point. The A4 is not offered in any sort of sporting configuration while the 328 can be had with the Sport Line. And there is no option for a more powerful version until you step up to the very sporty S4. And the basic Premium A4 Quattro lacks bluetooth and driver info system, both which are std on a base 328i. Of course the Audi gives you other features as std like leather power seats. And I wouldn't call DCT a "minor" concession as this is std on most high end sports cars these days as the optimum transmission.
Appreciate 0