View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #17
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a 3 View Post
Well, its quite clear from your posts that you are the one who doesn't seem to know what you are talking about. Its an established fact now that BMW decided to take more of a luxury direction with the F30 than sport. Every professional reviewer has said that the E9x has the F30 beat in the handling dept. This in addition to most folks who have driven both also confirming the same. The F30 has its strengths over the E90, many of them infact, but not handling and steering feel. The E90's steering provides the legendary BMW feedback, while ad the F30's is numb, even in sport+. It may seem perfectly weighted to you, but that's because you are very much like the new type of BMW buyer, who puts more emphasis on luxury, lighter overall effort and better fuel eco.

Do some research, better yet, go drive both with an open mind before posting so impolitely here.
Ive never cared bout fuel costs or opted for more luxury over sportiness, I changed my rfts for PS2s, I spent 2 hours everyday in my E90 for two years, I loved it for its handling capabilities and hated sitting in any other car. Didnt want tl get rid of it cause I felt the f3x had lost that feeling that you and every other reviewer who just tried it, say it has lost. But living with it, driving it daily, you see more clearly just how much better it is. And thats just subjectively speaking, if you look at facts the f3x is stiffer than the predecessor, its got better steering capabilities and is simply. We dont have to go through all the technical details, I assume that u already know what has been upgraded/improved on this new chassis n suspension etc. If not, u shouldnt even be replying. Anyways, heavier steering, which is the only thing the e90 defeats the f3x in, doesnt mean better steering capabilities or road feel. Its just heavier and you get too much road noise. Unnecessary info. If you know how to drive (can I assume you do?) and would live with both cars n an open mind(mine wasnt, in favor of the e90) you would realize how much better it is. And im talking f31 here, bet the f30 is even better balanced.

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0