10-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #47
TreDirtyFive
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
BMW always develop newer and better maps for the car. They improve drivability, consumption and gas response etc. If something is "lost" between updates I would rather call it evolution than that they are pushing out "downgrades" to force people to buy a product.
Please go to the N54 forums and read up on all the firmware updates...with each one they have increased lag and created softer transitions...There was a pretty big uproar over it...like I said, all the magazine test cars and initial roll out vehicles are always tuned with more aggressive throttle etc. ...this changes after the they have been through a decent time cycle to be updated...less pressure on the car means less fixes under warranty for them. This equals money saved over the long run. My example was not just exclusive to buying a product (PPK)...this is just an another example of them running their business in a very transparent fashion for most enthuisiasts. For the most part, the large percentage of typical buyers won't notice a thing.