06-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #240
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseDS View Post
It may affect the handling of the car but not because it will lift the front end. It's not like teeter totter where when one end goes up, the other goes down. If anything, I believe it will help the vehicle keep grounded. On RWD, the front is being pushed down when the car is in motion. The rear spoiler helps the car retain it's natural position - how much, I dunno.
Um Eclipse have you ever seen what a rear wheel drive drag car does when accelerating? I think you will find the invention of wheelie bars is due to the front end lifting. Ever looked a F1 car? Although far more extreme again front aerodynamics because the front lifts. Lastly have a look at the top gear episode where they enter a e46 3series in a 24hr race. Again a front splitter was used to even out the rear spoiler. In fact it gets ripped off and the car begins to understeer. Why because of a rear spoiler and no front splitter. You might want to do some investigation on this. But again as I said these rear spoilers are rather small so unless you are going very fast you won't notice