View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #334
kirklander
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F-10

I received my car in August ( SA production ). When the car is in park mode, I can feel vibration on steering wheel ( slightly ) and the the car as a whole. When I drive it, the steering wheel vibration reaches an unacceptable level. If I take my hands off, I see the steering wheel going left and right. It is extremely disturbing.

I talked to my dealer and made a test drive. Then the dealer and a mechanic made a test drive themselves, and at the end they told me they didn't notice the issue. I told them I made 5 of my friends do a test drive and they all noticed it. They replied like it is normal for this car, just live with it :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((.

I contacted BMWNA and BMW Germany 2 weeks ago. Got generic replies. I contacted them last week again via e-mail, no response. I called this week the BMWNA, finally the lady over there said their freaking engineers are working on a fix while not accepting the general steering wheel vibration that we also face.

I am extremely unhappy. Having paid more than 60K for a car, I accept no vibration.

Mine is 335i with M suspension, variable sport steering wheel, 19' tires.

Please DO NOT BUY the F-30 until you start reading this freaking steering wheel issue is fixed.

In early batches, they had START/STOP issues. It is fixed via a software update. However, the steering wheel issue is complicated. For the time being, stay away from F-30's.

Come on guys, how could BMW sell me a car like this ?
Appreciate 0