Thread: xDrive Hold up?
View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Bosco493
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd View Post
I would be getting pretty upset by now if I were you. I can't believe that you have been held up for so long. Frank hasn't mentioned anything about your car in a few days now, so I assume that he hasn't heard anything new. It might be time to make some noise, so that he gets Joe to call corporate and find out what is going on (I ended up having to do this for a previous order, and it did help).

My car left Bremerhaven on Saturday aboard the Don Juan, and it is due in New York next Wednesday. I'm excited since this is such a fast run (only 11 days). It somewhat makes up for all of the delays earlier in the process. That assumes, of course, that it doesn't sit at the port once it arrives.

Please let me know if you hear anything more...
I called Joe today. He said there was initially a defect in the cars the required a replacement part, however that has been fixed and the car is sitting in a lot in Jersey, and wont be released to a carrier until the 1st. Apparently there is allot more cars coming in than they are equipped to handle. Joe said there is nothing he can do on his end. The veracity of the claim is unclear. Regardless when I finally head up there I expect them or BMWNA to offer something to appease those of us that have been held up. Having that conversation on the phone would of been futile I believe. But if its going to be weeks more of waiting around with piss poor answers and this BS I'm going to just cancel the order and eat the deposit. I'm pretty disappointed in how Tulley has handled this.
Appreciate 0