11-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #67
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Also is digital radio worth it? Looking at the station list it seems like a toy just to impress your friends with not much value.
From a sound quality point of view, absolutely NOT!!! I am very disappointed with DAB+ quality. It lacks any real dynamic range, sounds harsh and does not take advantage of its technology. Frequency response leave a lot to be desired.
Of course, I am only putting forward my experience with DAB from listening to it in the car.

We have a small DAB unit at home and it is too small to gauge proper quality from.

Anyway, yes, DAB has lots of channels to choose from, so if you like variety, the DAB is good value. If you like music without idiot announcers talking rubbish with each other, then some DAB channels are for you (me).

Nova Nation is pretty much 99% music WITHOUT chatter. Great for music. Bird radio is great for 5 seconds and Chemist Warehouse has easy listening music with ads for……I will let you guess.

So it does work for some like me, as long as you know its limitations. And no, you won't impress your friends as no one will know the difference between DAB & FM for sound quality. Probably yes to DAB & AM but the AM stations are on DAB anyway.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0