01-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #93
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
NISFAN: Just because other's are in the same boat, does not make it right. So all those with rusty seat bases, baggy seats, mis-matched rear bumper paintwork, faulty navs etc, should grin and bear it as they are thus part of the crowd? I personally don't agree with the suitability of such an approach.
No, don't try lumping in rusty seat bases and faulty Nav systems into this, those would be bona fide faults. You are talking about cosmetics not coming up to your percieved standards. Which by the way, you saw before taking ownership of the car. The perfect time to reject seeing as both faults were as bad then as they are now.

Reality. Every new car made by XXX (Insert any OEM name here) has mismatched bumper paint. It has been explained before, the paints are different. Nothing new.

Same goes for the leather seats.

You've bought the highest volume mass produced 3 box sedan in Europe, not a Bentley.

I personally think that many of us would not have been able to afford to own a 330D 15 years ago, so congratulate BMW for being able to keep the price point at a mere £36k for such an epic car (M Sport version). Have they had to take cost reduction measures to achieve this? Absolutely no doubt. Look at it this way, a Golf GT 140TDi with DSG auto costs £24,190. A 330D SE Auto costs £27,083. In my book twice the car for less than £3k difference.

Well done BMW....amazing.

Would you rather BMW put the price up £8k and gave perfect colour matches and premium leather as standard?
Appreciate 0