shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I completely agree -- this is a technical forum and there should be enough of us who understand BitTorrent to make it work. BitTorrent (especially uTorrent) is easy enough for others to use. The tricks are two. First, someone has to create the .torrent. Second, enough people have to leave it up to seed sufficiently.

I am happy to help with both. If shawnsheridan wants to, he can contact me via pm when he returns. I would be happy to give him an FTP server he can connect to to upload whichever releases are current. Then, I will package them up and create .torrent files. Then, people will be able to download them at will without shawnsheridan having to mess with Bulgarian ISPs.

It DOES mean, however, that people in addition to me will need to leave their torrents seeding. BitTorrent only works well when many people who have the complete file allow their BitTorrent client to send parts of the file to other clients. The more people who leave the .torrent up, the faster downloaders will receive it -- and the less load each seeder has.

The one thing I am NOT willing to do is to become the ONLY seeder.
My files are back online. You can pull E-Sys, 48.1 and 48.3 down and make 3 torrents. I will PM you the download links.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0