View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

The way BMW does it today (and that could change when you return your lease) typically BMW dealers do the lease end pre-inspections. ONLY if the customer challenges the findings of the dealer inspection does BMW bring in outside inspectors for a second look. I'm told the dealer inspections look at a specific list of items. When the outside inspectors are called it, they look at everything, typically costing the customer more $. Not always, but often.

I highly recommend if you can part with the CASH now, ask your dealer about putting down multiple security deposits. BMW will accept up to 7 security deposits and reduce your money factor by 0.00007 for each additional security deposit you put down. Its a huge win if you let BMW hold the CASH.

Two reasons why BMW offers this. 1) If cars are returned in bad condition, they have your $$. 2) In repossession/bankruptcy cases, they have enough of your $$ to make them whole (or close to whole).

Excess wear and tear depends on how you take care of your car. If you typically drive over parking curbs, curb rash your rims and get door dings and random scratches then definitely spring for the excess wear and tear coverage. If not, save your $ and enjoy your car while you take good care of it.

Between my wife and I we've had 5 BMW leases and never been charged a dime. all without excess wear and tear coverage. We do take good care of our cars.
Appreciate 0