View Single Post
      10-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Hey svache,

Us guys over at the X3 forums are complaining about the wing mirrors not dimming very much either. I too did the flashlight test last night and the wing mirrors do dim but not very much.

I was wondering if you guys have heard of anyone adjusting the dimming using coding? One of the X3 members said the dealership can increase the mirror dimming... so a coding fix should be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Well, I just checked with a strong flashlight and Raspartan is indeed right. It does get darker on the exterior mirrors but slower than the interior. Also I noticed it needs a LOT of light to actually get darker.

I think that we didn't notice it before as much as I did with my other car because of this delay and because it needs to be a lot stronger.

Also, something I noticed, is that there was no blank parts on the edge of the mirrors like I had with my X5 or like I see in my interior mirror. This especially made the difference very clear at night because you'd still see a bit of 'normal' mirror on the outer edges.

So yeah, it does seem to work, just not as obvious as the older cars had

edit: I just realize I also often have my rear window shade up at night (basically almost always) and this, of course, also stops light from coming onto the interior mirror.