07-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
Funny - a loaner f30 328i, also a base I assume (only thing different from my car was it had moonroof) felt very different from mine. It felt even more floaty, steering loose (and sometimes weirdly tight), engine sounded rough and the dash was showing "service in 700 miles" though the car had only 900 miles in total. And of course it stank of seafood, but I attribute that to the previous user.

Is there a way that could've been a different "line"? It did look like a pretty stripped down car, similar to mine... Except for the presence of the moonroof.

Also, does the steering weight actually vary from time to time in Comfort mode? I didn't feel that way in my car so far but definitely felt that in the loaner. Does the car try to "adapt" or something like that?

Or is it just the newness of my car that makes it feel different? Ayway, I felt very happy to get back in mine .

(Don't even ask why I needed a loaner so soon after purchase - that's silly and ridiculous - my car was missing a clamp in one of the taillamps, making it dangle weirdly. Dealer needed to order it and fix it. "I got a new BMW." "Congrats! Where is it?" "It's in the repair shop" "Oh of course. Congrats anyway" )
No adapting, unless it had DHP. Almost no dealer inventory have DHP, so I highly doubt the loaner did.
Appreciate 0