View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #324
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

I have a new theory about the updated Nav Pro for November F30s. I think it came to me after a pint of Oktoberfest ale at a local pub

It's no secret that F30 sales are not exactly setting the dealerships on fire. It would be reasonable to assume that within the next 7-30 days, BMW might announce some good incentives on all MY2013 F30s (really, just the 328i models on the lots, or en route) to really end the year with a bang. Extra $2000 off? Who knows. The point would be to clear out every F30 on the lot, or already in production. Any car that starts production in November will be almost certain not to hit a dealer before Jan 1. That means all dealers could sell every F30 they have, with a healthy incentive, with virtually no fear of a "newer" Nav Pro on the lot to confuse or tempt people. That is why BMW is being so vague about the November date. They don't want to give people any incentive at all to wait, before plopping their $$ before EOY.

Once most of the "old" Nav cars are cleared out by Dec 31, the "new" ones will just be arriving after the first of the year, after all the incentives have expired. Obviously the old Nav costs BMW less than the new one, and they don't want to give up any margin on a MY2013 with a "new" feature, so when they start arriving at dealerships after Jan 1, it is perfect. For the first half of 2013, they'll have a "new" feature on the F30 to sell, easily until late summer when they can roll out MY2014 with the normal changes/updates.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but maybe it just makes a lot of sense for BMW NA. And maybe that's why will never even get an official confirmation until after Jan 1. Or until someone picks up a post PW45 build, via ED.
Appreciate 0