RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Interesting.
So the only way stage 2 can get the added power is by running a higher octane fuel.
I understand why higher octane will allow a higher boost level and perhaps more timing, but is this suggesting that the N20 has reached a limit with stage 1 and regular pump gas?
IOW, there are no more gains to be had from the stock engine using up to 93 octane fuel?

Also, is stage 1 tuned to take advantage of 93 for the areas that have 93?
Is stage 1 tuned for 91 to cover the whole US as that is the highest some people can get?

What about a 100 octane tune or option for those who don't want to run E85 and get less MPG?
I have stage 1 and I noticed there is a huge difference between running 91 octane VS. Running a Mixture of 100 octane and 91..

I don't have access to E85, and the only place around me that has a higher octane is Pasadena 76, which has 100 octane but it costs roughly $9 bux a gallon..

Usually I just fill up only like half a tank of the 100 octane, and man, it is CRAZY how much faster, and stronger a difference you can feel! Huge difference in power. It kind of sucks it is so much more money, but it is so much more fun when you put the racing fuel in.

I got to sack up and fill the whole thing up with 100 octane only. I think I will try topping it off tomorrow after I get stage 2 installed and have some fun
Appreciate 0