View Single Post
      09-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #8
SkylineGT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 xi Gran Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Absolutely true...there is a market for such and profit awaits. I can tell you that when the Design Office gets together with Sales&Marketing to add these larger and larger wheels, the Suspension/Chassis engineers shake their head and do what they can to minimize the effects, but would reverse that trend in a nanosecond if they could. I've been in the meetings of a competitive global auto company where we had these very arguments, and then on track and road test drives with mules where we sorted out the result. The engineers are right.

Having said that, if you have a vehicle tuned for 18", you may please your eyes with going upsize, but other dynamics will deteriorate (except possibly for a bit of steering "crispness" when the sidewall shrinks, but that is minimal and far outweighed by the other losses.) That is why I seriously asked about priorities. If looks are more important than everything else, do what you think looks best. But, be aware of the trade-offs in case that is not your number one goal.
Lol thanks very much for your advice. Worry not I had some experiences with wheels when I fit BBS-LMs for my R32 GTR. Right now besides the look I do want my 3GT to handle better, harsher ride is fine.
Appreciate 0