United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
So the more I research and learn about the hardware for this project, the more intrigued the gadget guy in me becomes - even though I have not made my final decision to purchase this amp yet. Based on what I have learned thus far, including reading some other threads and stuff on the web, I had a few more questions for the more experienced who have already chimed in this thread, specifically the crossover set points and characteristics….

The Audiotec DSP software has a demo mode that allows you to play with all of the parameters and save them "off line" without the need to have the amp connected. So I loaded the baseline file for the 10DSP and the BMW F30/F80 HK speaker setup (from the Audiotec site). I then turned off the sub out channel (which would be for a trunk sub that I will not use) and put in some initial crossover settings based on the equipment I intend to use for now (BimmerTech Alpha One speakers, installed; Earthquake 2ohm subs, not purchased yet).

Basic crossover settings I set:
Front/Rear Doors: High Pass at 120Hz
Center/Rear Deck: High Pass at 150Hz
Underseats: Low Pass at 120Hz, High Pass at 35Hz

Slight difference between the doors and center/rear deck and adding a high pass for the underseats I pulled from another thread as it seemed to make sense based on what these speakers will do in this setup. The pics below show the other characteristics for the high/low pass filters. They are screenshots of the actual DSP software tool.

Since the pics uploaded in a random order, the order of the screen grabs is as follows:
Front Door Speakers
All Speaker Channels Overlaid together
Underseats
Rear Deck speakers
Rear Doors

So, additional thoughts on these initial settings based on the speakers I intend to use?

Edit: Pics below are for my initial crossover questions as no equalizing or other tuning parameters have not been touched.
Attached Images

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0