12-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
There's no lag on the 328i either. As a matter of fact the N20 28i has more torque than the N47 20d on the lower end & upper end of the rev range. Coupled with the shorter final drive of the petrol engine the 328i is much quicker than the 320d.
as a matter of fact? like looking at a grid paper with torque curves plotted on it?? like serious man...do ur self a favor and drive both (oops u cant coz Hong Kong dont stock any 320d) a lower Torque car with a high buzz box engine will high KW will always be quicker..plus all those vids u see on youtube of 320d vs 328i. the 320d will always be slower off the line coz it cant put its full 380N of torque on the road in a drag race Its about in gear acceleration, if we are cruising on a highway side by side i would have overtaken you by the time u realise u need to kick down and rev your ur engine from cruising REV range.

Anything above 100kms the benefit of high KWs and the 328i is the prefered car. Normal day to day drive especially in hilly locations a high Nm car is preferred.
Appreciate 0